To obtain hitched in Nova Scotia, you’ll want a married relationship Licence before you’ve got a wedding ceremony. The licence is legitimate for three months through the date it is granted.
You have to have a wedding Licence to obtain hitched in Nova Scotia. You want the licence just before have actually a wedding ceremony.
Having a marriage licence does mean you’re married n’t. This means you’re permitted to get married. The licence is legitimate for a couple of months through the date it is released.
It is possible to opt for a spiritual or civil ceremony.
A spiritual agent that you choose may perform the ceremony that is religious. The needs that are representative be registered with Vital Statistics.
A justice associated with the comfort or judge may perform the ceremony that is civil they’re registered with Vital Statistics.
You’ll want 2 folks who are at the least 16 years old witness the ceremony.
Certification of wedding
during the time of the ceremony, your religious agent, justice for the peace or judge will provide you a memento certification. This document just isn’t proof that is legal of.
After a wedding is registered, you are able to make an application for a formal marriage certification, that will be appropriate evidence of wedding.
Engaged and getting married outside Nova Scotia
If you should be intending to get hitched away from Nova Scotia, you need to contact the jurisdiction in which the wedding ceremony will need location for registration and licensing needs.
You will get hitched in Nova Scotia if you’re 19 or older rather than presently hitched. You’ll need a consent that is signed if you’re 17 or 18. You can’t get hitched if you’re 16 or more youthful.
Both individuals getting married have to complete the Marriage Licence Application and Affidavit Form. The Affidavit Form has to be witnessed by an authorized agent. If both events aren’t accessible to apply in individual, contact Vital Statistics. You’ll submit an application for a licence and acquire hitched in Nova Scotia even though you don’t are now living in the province.
Just how to use
- See Access Nova Scotia or perhaps A deputy issuer of marriage Licences in your community.
- Complete the application type form you are given by them.
- Check out the application for information on all required supporting papers.
- Include payment together with your application.
- Provide your finished application, supporting papers and re re payment into the Deputy Issuer.
- The Deputy Issuer gives you a wedding Licence.
- Provide your wedding Licence to your religious agent, justice associated with the comfort or judge ahead of the wedding service.
The length of time it requires
You need to have the licence straight away. It can take more time if more details will become necessary or if perhaps your kind hasn’t been filled in properly.
Re re Payment choices
Visa, MasterCard, United states Express, debit card, cheque, cash order, money. a money or cheque purchase should really be made payable to your Minister of Finance. Re re Payment choices can vary greatly according to the method that you apply.
Prior to starting
Be sure you have actually:
- Signed piece of government-issued identification and proof of age for both social individuals engaged and getting married
- evidence of divorce proceedings if either individual engaged and getting married is divorced (Certificate of Divorce or Decree Absolute), together with the affidavit
- proof death if either individual engaged and getting married is widowed
- written permission of one’s moms and dads or guardians, if needed (the Deputy Issuer gets the required forms that are consent
Apply to get married at a Registry workplace
You and your partner must attend an interview and lodge a Notice of Intended Marriage if you intend to get married at a Registry Office, at least a month before the ceremony. The Notice stays legitimate for approximately 18 months.
You are able to lodge your Notice and book a consultation to go to an meeting at:
- Chippendale Registry Workplace
- Parramatta Registry Workplace
- Wollongong Provider Centre.
- The age that is marriageable 18 years. If somebody, perhaps not yet 18, desires to marry just before their eighteenth birthday, just a court empowered to offer a ‘Section 12’ order will give authority for the wedding to be solemnised.
- 2 people aged under 18 years aren’t allowed to marry one another.
- A Notice of Intended wedding can be lodged before the birthday that is 18th so long as the wedding happens following the birthday celebration.
Things you need
- the PDF kinds:
- ‘Notice of Intended Marriage’
‘Registry redtube.com Marriage & Certificate Application’.
Note: Photocopies of paperwork are not accepted.
How exactly to use
- Check out the eligibility demands.
- Down load and complete: a. Notice of Intended Marriage – PDFb. Registry Marriage & Certificate Application – PDF.
- Gather together the necessary paperwork.
- Choose the ‘Book a consultation’ key.
- Enter the needed information.
- Go to your chosen registry office or your Wollongong Service Centre visit.
- Lodge your Notice and applications with payment, and verify the time and date for the ceremony.
- A Notice of Intended Marriage is valid for approximately 1 . 5 years.
- The lodgement cost is non-refundable.
- If you would like assist in making plans for your Registry marriage ceremony, complete the online Wedding reserving kind, additionally the Registry are certain to get in contact with you.
re Payment practices
You are able to review deal re payment options on our re re payment techniques web web page.